Okay, it’s that time again. Ugh, if you don’t know what this is, read here where I also have a recap of the past ones. Mostly this is for me so, here goes:
“1. Blog more, blog better, blog with focus and start making a difference
2. Organize Interesting 2.
3. Start a trend company with friends, a lifestyle blog and keep at the consulting business.
4. Do a great job at The Job.
5. Take up a sport, SERIOUSLY, and a hobby. Anything. And keep at it.
6. Convince my parents to move closer to me and redo the summer house for them.
7. Travel outside of Romania every other month.
8. NEVER, and I mean that emphatically, NEVER skip on a summer holiday EVER AGAIN.
9. Say I love you again, start giving more hugs and smile more when I am with people.
10. Talk to a stranger for 15 minutes at least, once a month.”
I have to say that I might as well simply repost these because 2012 has been such a … different year. I though I knew things. About me, about the people around me, about stuff in general. I was wrong, or at least what I knew was incomplete. 2012 has been about giving things a second look, a second chance and trying something different for a change when you see that your way is just not working. On a personal note this year has been one of revelations. That’s why, you will see, nothing related to work seems to have gotten done 🙂 Somehow, though, I don’t regret it. I think I am now more able to navigate my life and life in general. And that’s something good. I feel wiser and a bit more empowered as me. I never used to feel that. I know it did not show, but it’s true.
I did not spend more time on the blog. How could I? I have had to give up my Twitter account because the “industry” was kind enough to slap me on the wrist every chance it got. I decided to stay away from the “industry”. It does me no good. But The Plan for the blog is still there. I just need to start working on it.
I did not start a new company although talks were there. But people, and I thank them for their patience, waited for me to decide. I could not. Because I love The Job and i stayed focused on that and on learning to be me in a different way than simply Professional Me. So I did do 4.
There was no Interesting this year. Sadly. Because people wanted to help. But I simply could not get it done. But I took up riding the bike as a sport 🙂 almost seriously. I am committed to it although not visibly so maybe that’s half done.
I did take summer vacation for reasons I don’t want to remember. It was not the best one I ever had and I will not make NYE resolutions about vacations again 🙂 My parents will be moving to Brasov soon. I talk to a stranger, regularly, every week about a lot of things, and that’s one which I think makes up for the undone ones. I did not fly out a lot. That’s the only one I regret, that and the blog. And I did not say I love you. But … 🙂
So, you see, I am a failure, having missed 70% of my targets. And, still, I am smiling as I write this which can only mean one of two things: I either accomplished something much bigger which was not on the list, or I think I have a smashing 2013 coming up :)))
So 2013, here goes nothing:
1. BLOG – remember the effing Plan and BLOG! And just so you can press me on this, I plan to make this blog the ultimate resource for digital marketing know-how. So keep me on it 🙂
2. Travel – yes, this needs to be here and I need to get over my fear of flying so I can fly out every other month. Starting March it’s on!
3. [I am superstitious, I cannot share this one with you all but it’s got something to do with fingers and noses and ears and tickling and soles of feet] 🙂
4. Do Interesting 2 already!
5. Keep on doing The Job right. Actually no, do it even better!
6. Sew a full dress on my own. And then a shirt.
7. Read. On my Kindle, in books, in magazines.
8. Write for a magazine AND do another significant project on my own or with friends (like finish “starea de piua” already)
9. Finish up and ride my bike as often as I can.
Have a great one, everyone!